Friday, May 6, 2011

I want to win.....I want to win.....I want to win.....I want to win.....I want to win.....


 Yes, it's a funky assed pic of me.

 And it's up on FB for all to see, because I want to win.

 I don't want to win for me, I want to win for my mom.

 I guess it's true that as you get older, you appreciate your mother more. That rings true for me.

 I don't know how to describe my mom without tearing up. She would take the shirt off her own back to help her kids and not think anything of it. When I had my cancer scare last year, she was there and said, "I will not leave you. I will stand by you." And indeed she did. Without faltering, she sat there as the doctor told me that he thought I had Stage 4 lymphoma. She said "Thank you, Jesus!" when the biopsy came back as a harmless hemangioma. She sat there when the doctor also said that my cancer marker tests came back clean. I was in the clear.

 Aw crap, I'm crying!

 Without getting too personal, she has been there these past few years without asking questions. She probably should ask questions, but she doesn't. She just gives of herself.

 And for that, I'm grateful.

 And because of that, I want to win.

 A Web site in the town I live in is having a Mother's Day contest on FB and is giving away a rockin' prize for first place. Second place is nice also. I would really like to win as a way to say thank you to her. And what do you need to do? Let me give you directions:

  1. Log in to Facebook.
  2. Go to the search bar and type in "Inside Fullerton."
  3. When you find Inside Fullerton's Facebook page, go to it.
  4. Like Inside Fullerton's Facebook page.
  5. Go to the photos section of Inside Fullerton's Facebook page. The photos for the contest are in the section titled "Photos and Videos of Inside Fullerton."
  6. Find the funky assed photo of me and my mom above. Like it.
  7. Voila!
 I am trying everything I can to win this. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

 I would just like to do this for her though.

 Would you help me out if you are on Facebook? If you aren't, join! :)

 Thanks in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment