Friday, October 21, 2011

and I have to eat right too....

So going along with the revelation of the previous post that I need to exercise comes another sucky revelation.

 I need to eat right too. :( Damn those fates!

 I've always had a weight problem. That has never been an issue. I don't know why that is. Probably bad habits learned as a kid, since my parents only developed weight problems as adults. We ate lots of good stuff, and now, it seems to be catching up with me.

 I've been successful twice in losing weight also. Only twice. The first time was when I was 18 and getting out of high school and going into college. I lost roughly 70 pounds through Weight Watchers and kept it off for 5 years. I'd say I was successful, wouldn't you?

 The second time was a few years ago. I entered a program through my local medical group called HMR and lost 86 pounds. I started gaining it back when I began working nights for a local foreclosure company because the medical group by me had no classes for me to attend since I would now have to be at work by 3 p.m. each day. They sent me to classes by a local medical school that quite honestly were quite extreme. It was the same program, but this group ran it extremely strictly. Drink only shakes, they said. Um, no thank you!

 And so, now that the polycystic diagnosis has come to light, I guess logic is dictating that I go back to the less expensive program and more practical program, Weight Watchers. I mean, I could just lie to myself and say, "Hey, I don't have the painful cysts associated with pcos, so don't worry about losing weight," (hahahaha!!!) but I know better. I looked up the other effects of this disorder-yikes! You could become diabetic, have an increased risk for certain cancers. The list is never ending.

 I'm comin' back, healthy eating and exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment