January Jewels

 January started out like most do-fresh and ready to tackle a new year-and a new decade.

 I also started the year with resolutions. I had four: to join EHarmony to get into a relationship, to look for a new job, to join Weight Watchers and to clean my condo. All are still ongoing.

The new year started with two earthquakes this month. These are the most recent ones on the fault line near me, which makes me wonder if a big one is coming soon. I hope not!

 I also had a scary situation happen around the same time with something online. I spent two days straightening out this mess.

 Volunteering at church also got switched around. I'll now be working with the two-year-olds on Sundays. Yay!

 I took a long overdue trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby this month after a doctor suggested that I take up a hobby to do after I get home from work to make life seem less tedious while I search for another job. Hobby Lobby is great but overwhelming! I didn't find much that I wanted at this time except for some tags I'll be working on for Valentine's Day. That and some Chalk Couture should do the trick!



  I got my hair done. It's nice to go to a salon down the street from me instead of the 15 minute drive I had before. Granted, 15 minutes is still nothing, but this is nicer.


I also had to wear a heart monitor for the last half of the month. I hope that comes out all right.



 (Photo taken from Web site.)

January 25th included going to a concert at my alma mater. My niece (friend's daughter) sings in the University Choir, which is going to Carnegie Hall. They held a benefit concert to give the singers spending money for New York. It was a beautiful concert.


 My church also had an anniversary lunch-a fiesta-complete with Mariachis! It was good-and quite thematic...




 And of course that happened the same day as Kobe Bryant and his daughter passing away. Horrible....



My cousin Lisa had a boy on January 30th. Joseph Maxwell weighed in at 10 lbs., 6 oz. ! He is a cutie!



And so, that's the news of my life for January. 

Comments

Popular Posts