May recap

 The month began on a not-so-fun note when I got sick with E Coli. My whole section at work got it after our end of the month lunch in April. :( Not fun.

 My car alternator decided to die on me one Friday afternoon on my way home from work. Since I work in almost the other end of the county, that meant AAA had to tow me home... At that point I realized that I needed to start searching for a new car as soon as I passed probation at work...

 Mother's Day was spent at my parents house. I got Mom a dozen and-a-half roses and we got take out from G Burger.

 My cousin also had her second baby in May. Elliott looks like a cutie! I haven't seen him yet because he lives on the other side of the state. :)



 I had one hell of a weekend that next week when Mom told me she had chest pains. I took her to the local ER. When I got back to their house after they admitted Mom for the night, my dad had fallen. He was on a ladder!  I joked we could get a two-for-one deal at the hospital if we pushed hard enough.... It seemed as if my whole weekend was spent at that hospital.  Fortunately, they're both all right. Mom didn't have a heart attack and Dad didn't break anything. Yaaay....

 I ended up taking my parents to a birthday party the next weekend. This was for a guy my dad used to work with, and it was nice to see how much his former co-workers really liked him. The party was at a small, local airport. I thought it was a great location! I sat in the car taking pictures of clouds for a good portion of the party in case you're wondering what the heck this photo has to do with a birthday party. :)

Clouds and airports...They do connect! :) 


Memorial Day weekend came at just the right time. My work had a (non-food poisoning) end of the month lunch with a food truck. We also had a photo station that we all enjoyed-with photo booth props too! Everyone in my section thought it was a fun lunch. What really was a happy thing though was that my section's group picture at the photo station helped us win a $25 bonus in a paycheck!


Lovin' the prop glasses... 

An interesting and fun group to work with...


 I had barbeque with my parents also that weekend-who opted to stay off ladders. :) I also saw a really great tradition around the corner from them called The Gathering of the Crosses. I also went to my grandparents graves at Rose Hills, which is known as one of the largest cemeteries in the world! That blew me away!

Flowers I left at their graves...

The view from my grandparents graves at Rose Hills. It would probably be stunning on a clear, non-smoggy day...


The Gathering of the Crosses....


 And so, that was my May. I hope June is just as nice-minus the E Coli!


Comments

Popular Posts