July recap...

I have to admit that July was kind of blah. I took charge of looking for a job and getting interviews and also other things, but I felt blah. I think it was partially related to having to look for a job yet AGAIN and also the weather, which was icky.

 There was stuff to do in July though. I had jury duty in the early part of the month. I was chosen for a panel, so I had to go back for a second day. It was for a criminal case, which I fortunately didn't get chosen for.


 And... the garage fire stuff continues to hang on. I received a call from the attorneys office for the insurance company for my next door neighbor. They want to get their money back on what they paid out for my neighbor's claim and wanted my insurance information. Since I wasn't liable for the fire I told them no and to contact the association. My insurance agent is now involved. Nothing is moving forward, but my agent thinks that if it does, she may have to open a liability claim regarding this stuff. Sigh...

 My dad's birthday was in late July. We tried Black Bear Diner, which was okay, but not great. It just opened down the street from my parents house and is really popular. Not with us though... The next week, my mom wanted a repeat, so we went to Red Lobster again. :) Dad wanted the fried calamari appetizer, which had fried broccoli with it! It was interesting, to say the least!


 I had fun the last day in July when the alumni association for the university I went to got tickets to see Pageant of the Masters. I paid for it a little while ago. This event in Laguna Beach sells out every single year and was phenomenal. The university rented a nice bus to go down there, which people who have gone before say is a smart idea since I guess parking is a pain for the event. I would definitely go back again.

A drought tolerant garden at the university... This area was a parking lot when I was there! 



I have to explain this photo. This is an up close shot of art on a tree. What is it supposed to be, you ask? Tree fungus made out of Starbucks coffee lids... 


Starbucks coffee lid tree fungus from a distance... 


 So, July was a mixed bag. Here's to a cooler temperature, more upbeat August. 

Comments

Popular Posts