June recap

 June began on a happy note when my parents celebrated their 46th anniversary. My parents invited me to go out to dinner with them (Probably to drive. :)). We went to The Cat and the Custard Cup, which is always very nice.

The deer steak I always get there... 



 The insurance kicked in at work, which made me quite happy because the individual plan I was on was over $300 a month. My work now takes out much less each month from my paychecks! It also made me happy to take care of getting my sleep apnea machine. I was holding off because my individual plan didn't cover medical equipment. My work one does. The sleep apnea machine would have been over $1,000 without coverage! With coverage was simply a co-pay of $129. I can do that! :)

 Probation also ended in June. I was quite happy to wave goodbye to that phase of things! I also won a Visa Gift Card at work a few days after probation ended, but silently groaned a lot when the director mentioned in the same meeting that our section was losing money (Don't say it...) and to be prepared for "stuff to go down" soon. She then added we were all okay, for now.... Groan.... Layoffs again?? Unfortunately, yes. We were informed later that our section's work is going to be handled in the country of India shortly.... Sigh... Job hunting AGAIN....

I won it, yet they spend too much money, they say... 


 That news meant investigating  health insurance options so that I don't have to pay for COBRA coverage when the time comes....

I also inherited two new-to-me sofas from a couple at church. I'm so happy with them! My friend George helped me transport them. I was so grateful that I paid for dinner at Sizzler to thank him for helping me lift something so major. Talk about a workout! My parents neighbor's granddaughter inherited my loveseat. I got it for free ten years ago, so I gave it to someone. She was grateful for it which is all that matters.



 Father's Day was spent a day early with my dad. My parents and I went to Red Lobster for dinner.

 A heat wave hit Southern California the next day, with temperatures over 100 degrees. It was really nasty.

 I also went on a date. (Woohoo :) ) He seemed nice and was a Christian, but there was no sizzle. We did go to Dripp though, which was nice! :)




 So a bit of negative and positive in June. Here's to a better July.... 

Comments

Popular Posts