March recap

 March began excitedly. After a background check and a drug test, I was cleared to start my new job! I actually worked in this building roughly 6 years ago as a temp, doing something similar to what I do now (different company though). So, needless to say, it's deja vu for me to work here-as a permanent employee this time. My brain wanted to explode with all the different information given the first week, but I caught on to everything by the end of the second week. The benefits are awesome, so I hope to be there for awhile.

 I decided to do something interesting before starting back to work, so I took the train down to Union Station in LA. I didn't leave the station and simply walked around looking at the awesome architecture. Talk about a gorgeous building from a bygone era! I had lunch there and took the train home. People on Instagram really loved the photos, which was cool.








 I also went to Clifton's in downtown LA with Judy, a sweet lady I helped out for awhile. This is an old establishment right in the heart of downtown. The buildings were gorgeous and she said that the restoration was quite good, as she remembered going as a child.











 The garage issue finally got on my last nerves this month. I'm refinancing for a lower rate, which of course requires an appraisal-which of course includes my garage with no matching stucco and missing concrete on the side... Then, my next door neighbor wanted me to ask the association to pay for a professional garage cleaning and threatened to not park her car in the garage until mine was cleaned. I frankly don't care where she parks but realized she had a point. My garage should probably be cleaned. I wrote a letter to the association asking them to light a fire under the contractor's butt to get it finished before the appraiser gets out here-and to also have it cleaned.

 I also took a trip to the beach after seeing my parents one Saturday to do parent chores, as I like to call it. (Plus, I planned it out in advance...) It was just what I needed after finishing parent chores.





 And finally, I got another MRI done of my brain and pituitary gland. I'm happy to report that the adenoma is no longer visible!!! Overall it means that the medication has done its job and has reduced the tumor down to a size where it can't be seen on an MRI.

 So, it was a good month on the whole. I hope that April is just as nice.

Comments

Popular Posts