October recap

My birthday month began rather medically when I got the results back from the CT-scan. My spleen looked irregular and it also caught part of a mass in my right thigh. So, I had to get yet another MRI-this time of my leg. I'm happy to say that the mass in my thigh looks benign, but the surgeon still wants it biopsied. That will happen November 9th. I also had about a zillion blood tests done to rule out Lymphoma. I had 12-yes, TWELVE vials of blood taken. Some of the tests aren't back yet,either! The good news is that the surgeon and my primary doctor are highly doubting it's Lymphoma. I pray!



 The general surgeon referred me to a cancer surgeon to discuss surgery of the lump on my back and to also discuss the thigh mass. He said to leave the lump on my back alone, as it's simply a cluster of blood vessels and is quite benign. I have to see him a week after my biopsy though to go over the results. If all is well with that, he'll send me on my way.

 My diagnostic mammogram (OUCH!!) ended up showing nothing terribly wrong. I have cysts. Talk about a vice grip! That second mammogram is murder! I figure it's better to have a moment of pain though than to have breast cancer. I still have to have a minor procedure done on my right breast for something called mammary duct ectasia. I won't go into detail about it. Let's just say something looks a little interesting... I guess women who are peri-menopausal get this. Lovely...

 My nephew also turned 18. My sister doesn't have kids, so "nephew" is my friend Chris's son.Chris had a barbecue for him at the park across the street from where I live. It was nice to see everyone and talk to the adults for a little while.


I may like mayonnaise a little too much... 



 I also tried a new hairdresser! I was a little pissed at my previous one when she got upset with me over something that I considered weird to get upset over. I tried a guy I found on Instagram. He did a nice job.




 A very sad thing happened in the late part of the month when my friend Debra ended up in the hospital on a ventilator. She had two heart attacks in a month's time and went into respiratory failure the second time. She also ended up being put on dialysis.... It made me sad to go visit her one last time, as it's expected that she won't live through this.

 On the positive side though, I've now lost 20 pounds!

 I also celebrated a birthday! It was a pretty mild one, as I just went to dinner with my parents and that was it. I tried to go to the beach for a bit, but it was on a Saturday and PACKED. I literally had no time to find parking, sit for a bit and look at the ocean and drive home before our dinner reservations. Dinner was at The Cat and the Custard Cup, which is always fabulous.



On to November! I pray that I get some definitive answers! 

Comments

Popular Posts