There's just something about 'em......

 I think it has to do with getting older.

 I really do.

 I don't think I would have smiled this much when I was younger.

 I discovered a CD this evening during Operation Condo Clean (post to come.....) that is just so priceless. I knew that I had this CD, but where was the question. :) It was a CD of old photos that my dad had burned  for practically everyone in the family of pictures Grandma Tearjen had. Grandma would be 94 if still alive today, so a lot of the pictures that my dad scanned are 100+ years old. Not all, but a lot, I assume.  

 I just knew the evening that Grandma passed away seven years ago that I needed to grab her pictures. Grandma had told me once that she would keep all her photos in a grocery shopping bag in the event of a fire so that she could grab them in a hurry. And God love her, that's exactly what she did. 

 They were in her closet. The one on the right hand side. Front and center. And before I left her house that evening, I grabbed them. Something told me to do it. And so, I did. It wasn't a malicious grab, but one that I considered necessary. I just didn't want these photos to be considered trash to be tossed (And Lord, did trash get tossed from that house before it got sold...). They then sat in my dad's den for the next few years while he scanned photos from that grocery bag every so often. CD's were burned once he was done and passed out in the family-including me. I'm glad. I really am.

 And would you believe that I finally popped the CD in my computer this evening and perused its contents? I don't want to tell you how many years ago I got the CD!

 I want to share a few now:



My Armenian Grandma and Grandpa on their wedding day in the 1930s.


I'm a little bit of a photography buff, so I'm loving the style of this potrait of my great grandmother and Grandma taken almost 95 years ago.


And last but not least, I had to include a picture that included yours truly, my sister and my cousin. The date on the back of the picture says 1976. I love the '70s colors! :)
  I don't think that I would have truly appreciated looking at these until I hit the point that I'm at now. There's just something precious about memories.

 They mean more when you're older.

Comments

Popular Posts