travel dreams

 I can't sleep. Therefore, I blog.....

I have to admit that I've been thinking a lot about travelling lately. It has been awhile since I have adventured. In fact, it's long overdue. I miss airport layovers, strangely enough. I miss going to tourist traps, such as this place. ( Besides being a touristy, money making hell, it's still neat to see though.) I also miss being amazed by sites such as this. (I saw it when it was an exhibit at a museum in Florida.) 

 My cheap self used to travel yearly and stay with friends in other states. :)  It was awesome to go to a scrapbooking convention in another state. I can also proudly state that I've driven past the area in Memphis where Elvis Presley lived before moving to Graceland. And on and on.

 And then...... I bought a home. I got laid off from my long time job. The economy happened to me, and it's a slow process back to where I was before income wise. (Can we say pay cuts?) That being said, the money once spent on travel time is being spent on other necessities right now. 

  I do have a goal though that I would like to see all 50 states before I go to the great beyond. Of course, I would also like to do more travelling outside the U.S.

To places such as this:


 In the U.S., I'd like to see this, among other spots:


 and these:


  and this some Fall:

  Also, I don't know why, but I always have wanted to go to this place since I was a kid. I of course would also like to see this, and this place. (I have only been to this state on a layover, so it would be nice to actually see some of it instead of sitting in an airport!)

 And so, I guess it's time to figure out what to do so that I can make these trips happen! 

 What are your travel dreams, readers?  


Comments

Popular Posts