Huntington Library

 It's no secret that I love art. I almost majored in Art History in college until my parents gave me the "what the heck kind of a major is that?" speech. I also like art museums. As a result, I decided to take a day trip last weekend to the Huntington Library in San Marino.


 I'd been to the Huntington twice before as a kid. There's something about going as an adult through. The Huntington houses one of the few versions of the Guttenberg Bible still in existence, as well as the world famous paintings of Pinkie and Blueboy. I'm such a dork, but I actually sat in the seats in front of the paintings and just stared at them for a few minutes. I silently marveled at how the artists created lifelike creases in the clothing. I marveled at the talent.

 I sat in the mansion's patio.




Yes, it was a hot day....
 I stared out at the awesome view.



 And I walked some more.




 The Huntington is a fun place to visit and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

Comments

Popular Posts