Paid holidays make everything better...

 It was nice to start the week out on a relaxed note. Memorial Day arrived, which meant a paid holiday. Paid holidays make everything all better. :)

I was exhausted on Sunday, which meant no church. I should have gone anyway (because the message topic was awesome)but didn't. I did spend time in the word though. I also did my parents grocery shopping once again. Mom said her knee is feeling better, but not enough to finish her two page shopping list. I literally had a full basket for them when done, as you can see. For just her and my dad...






 I was a little irritable by the time I left their house, probably because it took me so long to get their groceries, their dog's bark seemed much louder than usual and I was just tired. I'm happy to help them though since they've done so much for me.

  I went to see the flag displays on Monday-one at the cemetery a few miles in my city and another the next city away that a set of my grandparents are at. I like the flag display the best that the cemetery my grandparents are at.








 I also attempted to dye my hair. I like the color, even though it needs some fixing.




 Tuesday went fine. We had an anti-harassment seminar at work. My boss and I also looked over the files, which made more sense this time. I have to admit though that the lack of work scared me. It's a weird work flow.

 Wednesday was also a slooooooow work day. I seriously wonder if they over hired at work. I think other people feel the way I do, because one of my co-workers did an incredibly brilliant thing and did a phone interview right outside the door at work. I also panicked when my boss sent me an email CC'ing her boss about all the mistakes I made the day before. I felt better though once I discussed it with her. Apparently this will happen from now on whenever mistakes were made in the files from the day before. The mistake I made was a misunderstanding from when she trained me. Now I know-that, and that I have to check my work daily. I can only do what I can do though.

 Thursday also proved to be an interesting day at work. I learned something new, which is always awesome. The work flow was not so hot. I say that because I was asked to work on a file so that another department could have work to do.  I just don't have a good feeling about this place.

 Friday at work was just nuts. I PDF'd some files at work using the wrong program, so I only got the first page of the multi-page reports. Yes, I had to PDF again all six of the reports I ran because I kept getting emails forwarded to me from other departments to redo them. (Crud...) Then (Yes, it was a fun day-NOT)... my co-worker locked us out of being able to run said reports. It was a simple error on her part. I felt bad for her though when my boss sent us an email literally blasting her. I had one sentence in the email- to not run any reports temporarily. The final straw of the day would be when my boss sent me an email asking me to make corrections in two files (not anything I'd worked on previously :) ). What two corrections were beyond me. I had to ask what was needed. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the day!

 Saturday was nice. I had to go to the older downtown section of my city in the morning. I captured one of the hearts made every year by the elementary school district's art foundation fundraiser. They're always really beautiful.




I also spoke to a friend I used to work with. It was nice to hear from her. In the evening, I saw "Kingsman" at the discount theater by me.

 And that was my last week in May. :)


Comments

Popular Posts