Pituitary Monday: Anxiety Central

 Another one of the lovely side effects of a pituitary adenoma seems to be anxiety. :(

 (I can say the word "seems" only because the online groups I'm in for this tumor seem to have scads of us worried about something every minute.)

 I was trying to think of a way to describe what my anxiety feels like. This was the first thing that came to mind.


Photo credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream


 Edward Much's "The Scream" is the only thing I can think of to describe anxiety. I don't know if it's worse or not due to my tumor, but it's there. Oh yes, it's there....

 Panic is the best way to describe the anxiety I feel. The moment happens. I panic. I talk myself down. The sad part is it's nothing ninety-nine percent of the time.

 I've been told my anxiety is so obvious that I should smoke pot to get it under control. (Just one ass****. That could make the tumor bigger, so there. ;) ) People have also mentioned that my anxiety is quite obvious even when I don't notice it myself.

 The question remains-what do I and other sufferers of anxiety do to contain it? Pituitary tumor or not, there has to be something I can do-without taking something to dope me up. There is.

 Meditation. Exercise. And on and on.

 A cousin does yoga to control her anxiety. (It must be genetic. It has to be.) I'm going to soon follow with some form of consistent exercise as this is too much. I can't handle life right now.

 Stay tuned!



Comments

Popular Posts