Hell hasn't frozen over, but a teenager respects my opinion!

 I'm at the age where a few friends have teenagers. One of those kids will graduate from high school in a few weeks, which shocks the hell out of me. I'm really that old?!

 The others kids though are in junior high and newly into high school. They're polite, because I'm like an aunt to them, but they're kids if you know what I mean. One of them shocked me a few weeks ago though when she asked my opinion about her poetry!

 My friend had her 15-year-old connect with a few adults on Facebook when she signed up, including yours truly. She sent me a message on there a few nights ago asking for a critique of some poetry she wrote.

 Wha????

 Of course I was touched and complimented her on it, because it was good. And I was shocked that this sweet girl asked my opinion! I saw song lyrics in there though and wanted to tell her about copyright infringement, but I knew that would go over her head. It's good poetry, keep it up kiddo, I said.

 She was thrilled. Score one for me!

 Hell hasn't frozen over, I guess. Some kids do respect my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts