No more!

 I hit a point today and said no more.

 I had a doctor's appointment this morning with a doctor I don't really like. I've seen him a few times now and he has just been weird. I've cringed every.single.visit. He did surgery on me last month and actually told my mom afterwords how important it was for me to stay on my antidepressants due to my psychological issues (depression...)!!! Um, has this doctor not heard of confidentiality?! 

 The doctor was supposed to remove something today that needs to be done. It's not urgent but needs to be done. I woke up early with a dreaded feeling of seeing this man. I seriously dreaded seeing this man and felt angry and violated. I'm not kidding you. I was pissed that he told my mother what he did and didn't own up to it. I hate his bedside manner. I just get an overall creepy feeling of this doctor.

 "Then why are you seeing him?" I asked myself. "You do have a choice of several doctors in that practice."

 And so, I made up an excuse to cancel the appointment, because I didn't know if I would be charged or not (I wasn't). When they called me back to reschedule I simply said I wanted to reschedule with a new doctor. No questions were asked and I have an appointment next month with a new doctor.

 I think that women more than men are prone to putting up with uncomfortable situations for a long time, like I did. We are people pleasers to the extreme. I want to like people and give people second and third chances. I'm stubborn that way. Unfortunately, I didn't say no soon enough. This is a habit I need to seriously break. If my gut tells me no, I need to listen to it if I have a choice in the matter. (Which I do.)

 Are you a people pleaser and try to stick things out longer than you need to?


Comments

Popular Posts