It's hot-and other news of the week :)

 Martha and the Vandellas "Heat Wave" is going through my head now as I think about the weather of this past week. Only using a fan has its disadvantages during weather like this! :(

 The good news is that I made progress on the employment front to pay for more of what I need to get done-which seems to be expensive this week.... (*Insert tears*)


 Saturday, July 26th-It's hot. Again. I think my unit seems to hold in heat. I say this because when I go outside, the weather is decent. My next door neighbor and I were discussing this once and she agreed. It's a blessing in the winter, as we never have to run the heater. It's terrible in the summer though.

 I got in the pool early today. I tend to get in at off times but still manage to chat with neighbors. So far this summer, I've chatted with one neighbor about elderly parents, a couple about buying a new home in a nearby new development and the guy who broke his shoulder and is swimming laps as physical therapy of sorts. Broken shoulder guy (I don't know his name. Lol) and I chat the most.

 Paper organizing is done. I went through the box today! A friend told me yesterday that it seems as if I've been organizing for weeks now. Technically speaking, yes. I've only dedicated 15 minutes a day to this, which is why I sped it up today and got it done.

 I decided to eat my lunch at Hillcrest Park today. This is the oldest park in the city and has a lot of beautiful features, even though it has fallen into disrepair. The city recently voted to start revamping the park in phases, so as to make it affordable. (This park has a few acres...)

See the big line at the center section of the grass? Kids used to love to ice block down this hill and have made several grooves in it. 

Some of the trees in this park have to be about 100 years old.

Pretty stone stairways line this park. 

The park recreation center. The back area is rented out for weddings. I'd love to see what the inside of this old building looks like. 

  I called my friend Brian today just to say hi. I hadn't actually spoken to him in ages-as we mostly have Facebook chats. It was good to reconnect with him.

 And in other news, a friend of mine from college is going to be a GRANDMOTHER! Her daughter just got married a few months ago. I remember her pregnant with said daughter. And here I'd just like to have a baby before I hit menopause...

Sunday, July 27th-I'm no good early in the morning. A friend accidentally dialed me at 1 a.m. when she knocked her phone over. I yelled out her name when I got no answer. The phone then went dead. I said "eh" and went back to bed... It's a good thing she didn't need to go to the hospital or was dying! Lol. She was fine when I texted her around 8 a.m. and laughed that I checked on her seven hours later...

 I swam early this morning and was shocked that it wasn't blazing hot. There's a nice cloud cover now, which surprises me. Lol

 I swear I must have some degree of social anxiety, because I watched church online again. This is a little ridiculous, considering that I think I'm not going to infect the world now. I need to go back next week! I look at it that at least I'm watching church instead of ignoring it.

Yes, it's another pastor at church giving the sermon this week. The head pastor had surgery. 

 Don't give up hope... Let your actions reflect your beliefs... Wise words from the message.

 I had dinner with my parents this evening. We ordered Chinese from a great small little place.  I love how they always know that my dad wants a beer to go-and they allow him to do it! (The bag is sealed like crazy though and they ask me to stick it in the trunk until we get home.)

 I took care of my parents mail this evening when I left their house.

Monday, July 28th-Note to myself: A nap in the afternoon + caffeine too late = terrible insomnia. I wondered if it was anxiety related and don't think so. I ended up getting to bed around 4 a.m. You can only imagine how much fun waking up in the morning was!

 I was sad to have the correct instinct that my once a week boss had to go to the ER again for her congestive heart failure. She's a very nice lady, but as I said before, it's time for a full-time job.

 I went for an ultrasound today. I was glad that nothing abnormal was found! I love the art on the walls at this medical facility.






 I also went to a forum tonight discussing a proposed new city plan. I went to take pictures for my freelance writing Facebook page. Interesting....


Tuesday, July 29th-Aaaand, the trash got taken out! Yaaaay!

  I also got a blessing from a realtor I know through church. We're going to meet this week to discuss me becoming her assistant. Praise God!

 I swam for a little while, made my lunch and went through my cards to organize them better and sell them. I have so many Christmas cards that a friend suggested making batches of 10 and putting them in boxes to sell. A good idea.

Wednesday, July 30th-I went to my once-a-week job today. As I said before, the poor thing ended up in the hospital again, which I think was her own doing because she's so stubborn. She's wonderful to talk to, but I know this won't end well.

 It's hot again today! Why did I decide to wear a black shirt?! :)



 I got hormonal today when my mom did a nice deed for me. I calmed down a few hours later. Geez, hormones....

Thursday, July 31st-I got a Groupon deal for my hair again! This one was $6 more than the last one, but I literally saved 50 percent. Not kidding you! I'll take it! The last hairdresser was good, so I hope this one is good also.

 I had an appointment with the psychiatrist today. I've never had a more genuine doctor who seriously cares about helping me. I'd highly recommend him to anyone. I made some other decisions about switching therapists too after speaking with him.

 I went over to my parents house after my appointment to pick up something. We ordered out Mexican food from El Ranchito. They are so good! I swam dinner off. There was a seriously LOUD group in the jacuzzi while I was swimming. Funny how a few drinks makes you friggin loud! That is the only annoying part of living by the pool is to hear people like that late at night.

Friday, August 1st-I start my training next week for my new part-time job. :) Very happy about that. I'll still have my other part-time job, so this is an improvement.

 It remains hotter than hot today. It's good to have a pool-and I immersed myself in it today for a long while.
C'mon Fall!

 Aaaaaaand I have car trouble! I absolutely need to start looking for a new car when I save up some money. I'm a little afraid of how much this will cost, as the check engine light is on. Ick....


 I have too much fun. :)






Comments

Popular Posts