I don't say Happy Holidays....

 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I realize as an adult that Christmas time is special not only because it celebrates the birthday of Christ, but also because I can create my own traditions that aren't connected with my family. :)

 I was feeling under the weather last weekend for reasons I'd rather not get into. What a lousy way to start Christmas! Fortunately though the issue resolved itself before Christmas Day. :) It was right at that time that I  encountered a problem with my health insurance. Good timing! I had to file an appeal with them. :( Without going into detail, this showed me that I can't do it all. I need help every once in awhile.

 I ended up taking my parents right before Christmas to see the Sparkleballs. I told them they'd love it, so they took me up on the offer. And they did! My dad, who worked in electronics for 40+ years, asked me to pull over at one point so that he could get out of the car to look at how they were constructed. :) He said that he even Googled them later that evening because he was curious about how they were made.



 I was also happy to hear that Jen got engaged right before Christmas! She's a sweetheart and I'm very happy for her.

 I had dinner with my parents on Christmas Eve and thought I'd make the 11 p.m. service at church, as I usually do. I fell asleep early this year though. :( The point has been made. It's an earlier service time next year!

 I spent Christmas this year with my parents, as usual. Pinterest came to the rescue with an inexpensive gift for them-a cocoa mix set! I found no jars at the store, so I used containers I had on hand too. Yay for being resourceful! My mom asked me to make something similar for my sister, which I can absolutely do.


 Dinner was great this year, as Mom made the traditional roast and condiments.



 And I liked the neck scarf thingy I got as a gift this year!



 Even though my dad is doing much better, I could see this year the reality that both parents won't be around forever and that family truly is the community you make. Community changes with the passing years. By the way, do people not send out Christmas cards anymore?



 I was also very happy to receive a belated birthday present from my sister. (I still have someone's wedding present, so it runs in the family....) It was a very nice gift that I absolutely love. I just left her a message thanking her. I can tell from recent behavior this past year that she wants to start having a relationship with me. That will take some getting used to.

 As many of you are probably doing also, I'm thinking about goals in the coming year. I know what I need to do, but I also know what I want to do. Will the 2 coincide? Let's see!

 As next week's update will be written in 2013, I guess I'll end this by saying see ya next year! ;) 

Comments

  1. OMG, I have been thinking the same thing about cards!! Usually my whole door is covered, but this year it is only half and that is with a wreath in the middle!! I did put 5 from work, though, on a sepaprate door. But still.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts