Easter 2011


 Not a very Easter-y pic, is it?

 Excuse me while I ramble....

 Easter was cool as a kid. You'd dye eggs, you'd search for them, you'd even get cool presents. Now as an adult, I go to church and eat Easter dinner with my folks. I need to live more, don't I? :)

 Of course, there was that one time almost ten years ago when I organized an Easter egg hunt for my cousins, who were 5 and 2 at the time. I got plastic eggs and hid stickers in them that I didn't want anymore. I got M&M's and stuck them in the eggs. I even got big prizes at the end for them-cute little baby chicks. Their mom thanked me and hugged me for what I did. The two-year-old ate M&M's at nine o'clock at night (hahaha). It was good.

 I suppose that like Christmas, I need to focus on the reason for the season. It's not about finding cool eggs all around town. It's all about Christ and my relationship with him.

 This year's Easter was drab and dull, if I do say so myself. I woke up too late to attend church. It was raining out and looked miserable. I then had dinner and the above dessert with my folks. I tried to liven up the action after dinner with hunting for more eggs around town.

 Fun stuff, huh?

Too much Cool Whip, huh?

 Did anyone else have a more lively Easter?

Comments

  1. Yeah. I hosted a small dinner. The day before I drove 2 hours to get a genuine Honey Baked Ham. This also gave me the opportunity to visit 3 scrapbook stores, Cheesecake Factory AND Whole Foods.

    I made hard boiled eggs and a lamb cake and scallopped potatoes. It was fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts