11 years later


 It was an honor to visit a 9/11 memorial today that someone in the city I live in put up in his front yard. The man is a firefighter and put over 2900 flags in his front yard to honor the fallen on this day 11 years ago. Crosses also adorned the yard with the names of first responders who lost their lives at the Twin Towers that day. It was spectacular and awe inspiring all in one.


 Large crosses were put at various areas in the yard to honor civilians, NYPD officers and also fire department first responders who lost their lives that day. Smaller crosses were beneath the larger crosses with the names of those who perished. 





  The names of civilians who perished at Twin Towers are written in red and blue on the cross.




 As I sit here writing this post, I am awe struck as I think of how time has passed before my eyes. On this day 11 years ago, I was sitting at work around this time. I was a marketing assistant. My office mate and I had the radio on and were worried, as was the rest of the company. I went to Carl's Jr. a short time later and got a special edition of the local paper for 50 cents. It's sitting somewhere at my parents house now. And now...I remember as clear as day. It's amazing.

 May I always remember. 

Comments

Popular Posts