98 Degrees

 My friend Robyn says it's cold back in her neck of the woods, whereas it's hotter than heck out in Southern California. To say I'm a little envious is an understatement!


Saturday, September 6, 2014-A school sign said it was 98 degrees out while I was driving. Blech! The car had air conditioning though.... Air conditioning is good....

 I soon made it to a local place while running an errand where I was due a free soft drink. I took it! It was just too hot today. I also got some ice cream at the store. Cold is good on 98 degree days!



 I put up another article and did some other work. I finally cleaned when I was done. Way past due.

 I finally had to get in the pool or feel like I was going to die of a heat stroke. Where are you, Fall?

Sunday, September 7, 2014-I hate humidity. It feels like I'm living in Florida today. I just feel terrible. I swam in the evening. I felt I had to or else die of a heat stroke-again...

 I did some more cleaning. The living room is way past due for it.

 I took a nap in the afternoon because I felt terrible. Terrible is my theme word of the day. Lol

Monday, September 8, 2014-I got up earlier and started work earlier. Yay for me! There is hope after all. ;)

 I watched a Webinar and got necessary work done. I did some research for an article. Very interesting what I found.

 I was blown away when my primary doctor called me to check up on some things. I have never had a primary doctor check up on me before! Will I actually like this medical group a lot? Looks like it so far.

 It actually sprinkled today. It's still cloudy, so maybe there will be more rain in the forecast. California sure needs a rain dance-and stat!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014-I had a post procedure checkup. Everything looks good, so I see the doctor in three months. Yaaay....

 I did some research for a wedding article theme and sent emails for it also. Single me ooohed and aaahed when looking at some of these places.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014-I woke up dizzy, which is never fun. It subsided though.

Work included putting up an article about local museum exhibits. I also took care of my recycling today and sent out emails for other article themes. I noticed through my Google Analytics account that Huntington Beach is a popular search item for weddings. Getting married on a public beach wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it looks like I'm going to write about it! :)

Thursday, September 11, 2014-I was stoked to get two responses to my emails. One is the alumni house to the university I attended. It looks gorgeous to get married at. The other is for candy stations. I asked a woman who does high end candy stations if I could interview her and she said yes! Eeek! She does candy stations for famous wedding planners, which is why I asked.

 Since it's the 13th anniversary of 9/11, I went to see a local memorial that's always awesome. A firefighter puts up a memorial in his front yard each year that's just beyond incredible. I like making this a yearly tradition to go see. It's obviously very popular, because the local media cover this memorial every year without fail.

















Friday, September 12, 2014-I finally used my Groupon to get my hair done! It was sorely needed! She was a nice woman and told me she'd charge a decent price if I came back to her monthly to touch up my roots and gray hairs. I just may do that. She did a good job.


 It was hard to hear some family information from my dad. It gave me perspective on another family member who is really suffering right now. That's hard to watch.

 I'm stoked about some progress I made this week article wise and also about some information I got from my reporter neighbor regarding a city council meeting next week. I'm happy that he trusts me enough to give me that information.

------------------------------------------

 And so, my week. Stay tuned for the funness of next week. Yeah, right! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts