Friday, September 26, 2014

Someone Must Have Prayed For Better Weather

  Fall is officially here in Southern California! It was, overall, a cooler week here in Orange County, California. I was incredibly happy about that, even though we had a mix in of a few terribly hot days. It's time for me to start thinking about using the treadmill now for exercising. 

 Read on to see the typicality of my week: 

Saturday, September 20, 2014-It's cloudy out today with cooler weather! Yaaay! It's as if Fall will actually normally start in three days. Whoa! You don't know how happy cooler weather makes me. It's as if I can function again without the dredges of hell creeping up on me with incredible zeal.

 I got an incredibly sad report this morning when I learned that someone I knew from grade school on has a terminal brain tumor. He was friends with my sister for awhile, and she is also sad about this. The whole situation is just sad, as he and his wife have a teenage daughter. Without treatment, dead in three months. With treatment, dead in three years but living a terrible quality life. I told his wife that I'd keep the family in prayer.

 As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, my sister called me today. I texted her last night to let her know I was thinking of her, so she returned the favor and gave me a call. I was happy to hear from her!

 I finished up some work from yesterday. I made an editorial calendar and updated my social media pages related to my freelancing work. I also was contacted by a student at the local university asking my opinion about the major issues of the city. I was flattered!

Sunday, September 21, 2014-How fast can I get ready for church? Pretty fast! I woke up late (After 10 a.m.) and rushed to get ready to go. I made it a little late to church, but consider it a victory that someone with social anxiety showed up-even if it was a little late. They were starting the baby dedications when I arrived. The pastor's wife gave the sermon today, which was great. I don't think I've ever heard her preach, so it was great to hear. They brought in food trucks for after service so we could all have lunch together. A little too expensive for my tastes, even though they sounded fantastic.

 I had dinner with my parents this evening. I walked their Pomeranian for them first of all. We walked down to the park by my folks house. She acted like we were patrolling the area while on the walk. :) There were other things that happened, which I won't mention out of respect for my parents.

Monday, September 22, 2014-I nearly had a heart attack at the pharmacy when I went to pick up my antidepressant refill and found out the price went up by $6.95! From three months ago?! Yes, the pharmacy tech said. I got a pill cutter for free though. I bet it cost $6.95...

 I interviewed a woman who does high end candy stations for weddings. She gave me this cute treat. How unique is this?? It's chocolate sea shells with a fine, crunchy shell... I'm just waiting for slide show photos from her in order to complete the profile. She hasn't sent them four hours later, so I hope I didn't scare her off. Lol.

 I went to see my dad's cousin and his wife today after the interview. He has Stage 4 cancer, so I wanted to do the right thing and go see him-even if my dad can't. We called another cousin who also has cancer, which was quite sad. We prayed for her over the phone. I realized the other day that I now know seven people with some form of cancer. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...... Wow.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014-The woman I interviewed yesterday got back to me today and said she would send the photos. Yaaay! :) I've learned lessons from this interview that I'll carry over to others.

 The library in my city had a yarn bombing today. It was fun to see. I actually asked one woman if she was crocheting a blanket on to a tree. Lol. No, she wasn't, she said. They did stitch these things on to the trees though...

 It was very pretty to see. This library has really tried to become quite modern recently, which is enjoyable to see-and go to.

 I did some more research in the evening for other wedding vendors to profile.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014-It was hotter than hell again! Talk about bipolar weather!

 I went to my once a week job again. She has been a blessing-and caring-but I can see that this is almost done and it's time to move on.

 I got the slide show photos! Yay!!! :) I was prepared to speak to another candy station vendor if I didn't get the photos by tomorrow. But, I don't have to worry about that now. Yay. :) My schedule then isn't quite as messed up as I thought it would be. Yay again. :) I also put up my weekly column about museums to visit this week.

 I did my laundry at my parents house after work. I also did parent errands too. My dad had to go to the bank. We got take out. They're pressuring me about something that they're right about-sort of. I've said no to them before though when needed.

Thursday, September 25, 2014-Aaaaand, it's incredibly hot again. Isn't it supposed to be Fall? I was shocked when I got in the pool in the evening and it was absolutely freezing. I guess it's time to check out the treadmill in our community workout room.

 I got my candy station article up. Yaaaay! I had a bit of a problem with it, but I think it has been solved. Tomorrow is trying to salvage the fracking forum article. I missed the forum held this past week at the university by me, so I need to make it up somehow. I also sent out a resume for a position I found out about on the secret Facebook board for the major newspaper I worked at. We'll see how that goes.

 I was surprised when my primary doctor called me again today. She sent in a referral for me to get something biopsied. When I called to schedule the appointment I nearly fell out of my chair when I was told she sent me to the minor surgery clinic where physician's assistants do biopsies! Physician's assistants do biopsies now?! I told the scheduler no way. This was a cancer scare at one time, so no way will a physician's assistant take this out if need be. This would be different if it were an ingrown toenail, but it's not. My primary said fine. We chatted about some other stuff that I need to do. I really like her and appreciate these calls, but am honestly shocked because I've never heard of a primary doctor doing this.

 I need to do some work on my social anxiety. I nearly had a panic attack over going someplace this morning. Is it that I don't want to do it? This is pretty frequent though and not just for events that I'd like to go to.

Friday, September 26, 2014-I was very happy to get a call from the police department regarding my hit and run. They have two possible suspects! They asked me some questions and told me they'd stay in contact.

 I spoke to a neighbor who is a friend and was sad to learn that she and her hubby are renting out their place. I totally understand though and was happy to talk to her. They're moving close by though, so hopefully I can see them after they move.

 My church contacted me about heading up the public relations for their big annual Halloween party. I contacted a news wire service for them and got some options. Hopefully the church is on board with the idea. This party is so unique that I think it deserves wire coverage.

 As for work, I watched the fracking forum online to see if I could pull out an article from the speakers. No. Even though (much to my chagrin) I've pulled off articles from simply watching online events, I can't do it this time. Too many variables are missing.

 And the week is now over.... I'm happy to be getting things done and feel more productive now than I did a few months ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment