Support Groups: Never Say Never





As I've said before, I joined a few online support groups for those of us who have pituitary adenomas.

 Never in my wildest dreams would I have considered a support group an option-especially an online one. Never say never, folks.

 I thought I could just get some info for my condition and be done with it. Instead, I ended up relating to a ton of people and not feeling so unique in my hormonal symptom self. That's good. No, really, it is. I feel (relatively) normal when reading through some of these boards. I can relate to so much of it, which makes me feel better. I'm not alone. I don't feel like a unique basket case. There are several of us out there. :)

 At one time I never would have considered joining anything like this. They're just for crazies, I probably thought. People will probably just blah, blah, blah about their problems, which will offer me nothing.

 People do blah, blah, blah about their problems. Oh yeah. But, the beauty online is that I can tune out the majority of them and only respond to those I can personally relate to. I've also asked questions and got some helpful suggestions for my next endocrinologist appointment.

 So people, the lesson to be learned here is to be open to what can help you in the long run. Something that's nuts to you now may actually be helpful to you in the long run.

 And give you good insight for your next doctor's appointment.... 

Comments

Popular Posts