Saturday, March 16, 2013

The uncertainty of life

 I've got to admit that I'm pretty lucky with my lot for neighbors. I have an end condo, and my neighbors are all great. That's why I was selfishly sad when my next door neighbor told me about her recent cancer diagnosis. It's uterine cancer. She had a hysterectomy this past Monday.

  Her brother just informed me today that it has spread to her stomache and colon. The surgeon removed a portion of her colon, so she now has a bag. She was in ICU this past week and will probably be in the hospital another week, he says. Sigh...

 I'm sad for her because she is a good person and a good neighbor. I'm sad for her because this will be her second bout with cancer.  And yes, selfishly, I don't want her to have to move if (heaven forbid) it comes to that.

 Nothing in this life is certain. We aren't promised a human existence that is pain free or suffering free. We are promised an eternity though of perfection if we come to know the Lord. I know my neighbor knows the Lord, so that's not an issue.

 I guess nothing in this life is certain. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. Thanks for always posting comments on my blog, you're always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete