The uncertainty of life

 I've got to admit that I'm pretty lucky with my lot for neighbors. I have an end condo, and my neighbors are all great. That's why I was selfishly sad when my next door neighbor told me about her recent cancer diagnosis. It's uterine cancer. She had a hysterectomy this past Monday.

  Her brother just informed me today that it has spread to her stomache and colon. The surgeon removed a portion of her colon, so she now has a bag. She was in ICU this past week and will probably be in the hospital another week, he says. Sigh...

 I'm sad for her because she is a good person and a good neighbor. I'm sad for her because this will be her second bout with cancer.  And yes, selfishly, I don't want her to have to move if (heaven forbid) it comes to that.

 Nothing in this life is certain. We aren't promised a human existence that is pain free or suffering free. We are promised an eternity though of perfection if we come to know the Lord. I know my neighbor knows the Lord, so that's not an issue.

 I guess nothing in this life is certain. 

Comments

  1. Hey Kim. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. Thanks for always posting comments on my blog, you're always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts