Friendship, friendship...

 One of the things about social anxiety is that it's a double edged sword. It isolates as well as helps strengthen your depression.

 My therapist asked me when I began treatment how I could manage my depression socially-i.e., go out with friends, etc. Yes, I have friends. Do I want to go out with them? Lol

 Don't get me wrong. I have friends. I have my comfortable friends-my long time friends. I guess I find it harder to socialize now due to my anxiety. My sister made a very good point and thinks it's due to some ingrained thoughts that I need to rid from my mind. (I think she's absolutely right.)

 I think I use my weight as an excuse to sit at home and not conquer my anxiety. I've recently figured out that I eat more when I'm anxious-and alone. How happy is that? I also have another issue with my face that's a little TMI that also lends itself to isolation if I don't keep up with it.

 So, to make a long story short, I'm the queen of excuses to not move forward. Granted, anxiety and depression isn't an easy thing to conquer, but my deterrents that isolate me can be conquered. I can get out. I can make friends.

 I'm so grateful for my close friends right now. I'm grateful for your acceptance, your kindness and your love. 

Comments

Popular Posts