The tale of Christmas horseradish and other holiday tales known as family

 I'd like to tell you a little story.

 It's all about a little plant in my parents backyard called horseradish and my dad's persistence each year to make horseradish for everyone around him out of these plants.

 I'm shocked that this blender (which is probably 40+ years old) has withstood the grinding each year that my dad puts it through as he grinds up the horseradish. There have been years that he has really gone all out and had my mom get decorative jars to put it in as he gives it to friends and family. This year though, he made it only for Christmas dinner and ground that sucker up and poured vinegar in it as he shouted, "WOO! CLEANIN' OUT THE SINUSES!" :)

 Obviously, today was a good day and also a less stressful time with my parents. The mood was lighter because they were busy. My dad was busy making his traditional horseradish to go on the Christmas roast as my mom got the dinner ready.

 And we all tried the sinus cleaning horseradish with dinner. Mom had the sour cream handy to dilute it. :) It really did go nicely with Mom's roast.



 And then, the tradition of the moving of the gifts began. The gifts have lately sat under this tree:


 Yes, you see that right. My mom places the gifts by the table that holds this little tree, which my Nana bought for my sister and I when we were little. It went in the room that we shared for many years and now sits in the front room of their house each Christmas. Mom places the gifts around the table, and then, we all move them to the living room to open.... As you notice in the picture, there is seating in this room.....You may all think about that as I have many times. Many, many times...


 I couldn't figure out the indoor feature on my camera right then. But you get the idea. I have a quirky family. :) My wrapping got kudos from my mom though. It was cute if I do say so myself. :)



 I figured out the indoor settings on the camera. Yaaay! :)
  And I was also happy to get this:



 PROJECT LIFE! Becky Higgins has always been a genius when it came to scrapbooking, and this invention of hers seems cool also. Let's see if I can even keep up with it this year. With scrapbooking not as big as it once was, I think this is a genius way to keep it alive.

 I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as I did!

Comments

Popular Posts